Welcome to Under the Olive Tree Ministries (UtOT)
A Messianic Fellowship and Torah Study Group
Under the Olive Tree is a Messianic fellowship and small Torah group meeting in the Covington/Conyers, Georgia area off I-20 east.
We are pleased to share with you, our friends, that we hold congregational & study meetings at Under the Olive Tree throughout the year. We also gathering at special times to learn about and experience the marvelous festivals of faith..
Please select Calendar-Itinerary above for more details.
All holidays begin at sundown on the evening before the date specified in the tables below. For example, if the dates for Hanukkah were listed as December 7-14, then the holiday begins at sundown on and ends at nightfall on .
The Jewish festival of Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights or Re-Dedication.
We are happy to invite you to our Hanukkah services this December 2015. We are located at The Church at Covington, 11975 HWY 142N, Oxford, GA. Celebration begins at 6 PM ( not 7 PM as stated in the Bulletin) and lasts about 45 minutes.
Photos from our 2015 Hanukkah display and celebration
One of the goals of our ministry is to educate people that have minimal knowledge about the connections (relationship) between early Judaism and Christianity.
Each Hanukkah we setup a small educational display replete with artifacts and text panels. We have been amazed at just how many people stop by and enjoy the mini-museum Hanukkah display.
Too, we are happy to report that in our travels many fellowships, churches and home cell groups are beginning to discover and appreciation the "Jewish roots" to their historic Christian faith.
Our Strategic Plan
In George Barna’s book The Power of Vision, he suggests that “a mission statement is a broad, general statement about who you wish [the organization] to reach and what the [organization] hopes to accomplish…. The vision statement ‘puts feet’ on the mission, detailing how the [ministry organization] will influence the world in which it will minister. Thus, while the mission statement is philosophic in nature, the vision statement is strategic in character.”
We share our mission and vision statements below with the understanding that they are “living statements” and likely will be amended, or modified periodically. As the Will and direction of G-d for this ministry matures and we more clearly grasp His purpose - expect adaptations.
Building biblical bridges and meaningful connections between historical Christianity and Judaism, so that the millennia of distrust, misunderstanding, and antagonism between Christians and Jews might be mended by the everlasting love of Adonai as demonstrated in the life,ministry,death and resurrection of Yeshua HaMeshiach.
- To teach people to appreciate the Jewish Roots to the Historic Christian Faith,
- To help people to acquire a firmer grasp of the Torah (Genesis-Deuteronomy),
- To aid people to understanding the nature of covenant, worship and service from a Messianic perspective.
- To persuade Christians to reconsider and develop an appreciation for the Jewish/Hebraic roots to the historic Christian Faith;
- To encourage our Jewish family to recognize we have been grafted into the Olive tree too, in order that we might become One New Man ( Ephesians 2:11-22)
- To inspire believers to get better acquainted with the context and content of the Old Covenant/Testament (Torah, Tanach) and New Covenant/Testament ( B'rit Hadashah, Apostolic writings).
- To help others to get a good grasp of ancient Jewish customs, manners, history and language which would allow one to re-examine Scripture in a powerful new context; illuminating intricate details and discovering biblical treasures.
- to encourage the exploration of the meaning and power of the Jewish festivals,
- to faithfully and passionately declare the value to the believers' lives of understanding God's eternal purpose for the Jews, including their ancestral land (Israel).
- to demonstrate that in Yeshua (Jesus) both Jew and Gentile are made new, thus destroying the barriers, bias, and old prejudices as we become together a new society, a new people, a new nation, and the two become One.
Founder and President
Dr Ed Bez
Co-founder and Vice President
Rachel Leah Bez
Rachel and Dr. Bez prepare to minister at the 30th anniversary of The Way, The Truth and the The Life Church in Decatur, Georgia, September, 2012
- THE Lord God planted a garden
- In the first white days of the world,
- And He set there an angel warden
- In a garment of light enfurled.
- So near to the peace of Heaven,
- That the hawk might nest with the wren,
- For there in the cool of the even
- God walked with the first of men.
- And I dream that these garden-closes
- With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
- And their lilies and bowers of roses,
- Were laid by the hand of God.
- The kiss of the sun for pardon,
- The song of the birds for mirth,--
- One is nearer God's heart in a garden
- Than anywhere else on earth.
- For He broke it for us in a garden
- Under the olive-trees
- Where the angel of strength was the warden
- And the soul of the world found ease.
- Dorothy Frances Gurney